THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Meeting Penny Bruce!

Hi people!
Three things.

I'm about to leave work to head to Massachusetts to attend the Eastern Mass WCAA chapter's meeting tomorrow, featuring Penny Bruce of Denton Drapes in England.  You can imagine how excited I am about this!  It will be a full day of learning.  The morning session will be a hands on class "Pleating to Pattern on an interlined panel with hand sewn brass hooks."  The Afternoon session will be "Handmade Roman Blind with Contrast Bands."

I don't have time for much of a post today, but I thought I'd show this photo of this fabulous print, on the table, folded strangely.  Its destiny is to become Roman shades, but we were unhappy with how the pattern would be chopped up and the borders lost if we just used it as it comes off the roll.  We devised a way to slice the fabric and piece it back together, so no pattern is lost and the border is featured on the outside edges.  The finished shade will look like what you see towards the back of the table. 
Wish me luck!

Lastly, did you sign up for my Efficient Shade Making class at the CWC in February?  I want to hear from you!  Scroll down to the previous post to read more.  To contact me, click on "about me" in the upper right corner of the blog to access my email address, and let me know what most slows you down when making shades.  I want to tailor this class to what you most hope to learn from it.  I've gotten some very helpful replies so far.  Even if you're not taking the class, I would still like to hear from you!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment