THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Mitered striped banding

Right away I have to acknowledge Scot Robbins for his brilliant painter's tape tip which I adapted for this project.  He uses the blue tape to mark drapery lead edges with wrapped banding- so you can wrap your side hems to the back and know that the banding on the front is all even.
Here I did much the same thing for Roman shade banding using a transparent quilter's rule as my guide.  First the band was glue-basted to the body of the shade.  The tape went on what will become the back of the band. 
Once it was all marked, I stitched on the fold line.
After everything is pressed into place, it's easy to wrap the band back, following the tape.
Just FYI, I applied fusible buckram to the bottom band to help keep it from curling.  Someday I'm going to do a whole blog post on all the things you can do with fusible buckram!

No comments:

Post a Comment